Volleyball is a fun game for the entire family and all your friends. It does not require much skill, it is entertaining, and it can keep you occupied for hours on end. You can play it inside, outside, on the beach, and in your pool, so you could say that it is a versatile activity. However, you need some equipment, apart from the ball. I am referring to a volleyball net.
You may think that a volleyball net is a simple thing to handle, but you could not be more wrong. If you know nothing about it, do you think you can trust yourself to purchase the right one without any help? Not many people can, which is why I think you will find this article most helpful.
Types of volleyball nets
As you can imagine, there is more than one type of volleyball nets. If you do not know how many there are, let me enlighten you on the matter. Once you know all the information, it is easier to make the right choice. The important thing you need to remember is that volleyball nets are put into different categories (indoor and outdoor, for example). That way it is easier to make comparisons.
- Indoor and outdoor nets – most people purchase an outdoor volleyball because few people have the space for volleyball indoors. Of course, if you are looking for a school gym or anything like that, there are plenty of models available for purchase. You may wonder why they are different. Well, they need to be different because they are placed in different environments. You cannot expect an indoor volleyball net to be as resistant as an outdoor volleyball net, would you? Why? Because the indoor models do not need the strength to resist against the elements. Logical, right? The net that is installed outside need to be sturdier and not come down with the rain or the wind. People usually take the nets down when they are not in use, but not of them do, so you need to be prepared.
- Net vs. net system – this is important, especially for your pocket. While some people already have a system but lack the net, others need a system altogether. It can happen for someone to break the net and replace it, but some people have just discovered the sport and need to build the system from the start. Usually, a system will consist of poles, the net itself, guy lines, tension rings, stakes, boundary, corner anchors, cord winder, and possibly a carrying bag. People who like to go to the beach and play volleyball will usually find the poles there, which is why they need the net only.
- Portable vs. in-ground net systems – this is applicable if you want to buy a net The portable net system is designed in such a way that you can take it with you wherever you may want to play. It is more lightweight than the in-ground system. The latter is made to be installed on a more permanent basis. You can put in your yard and is for personal use at home. This one can also be disassembled and put away, but you do not have to do it often.
How to choose the best volleyball net?
I wish that it were simple, and it may seem that way, but it not as easy as one may think. You cannot simply buy the first product that comes up in an online search. There are things to consider. Most people do not know what to look at, which is why you will find a list below with everything you need to consider before making a purchase.
- Size – not all volleyball nets are created equal. You can choose from a variety of sizes, but most people buy a regulation size volleyball net. Why? Imagine the next scenario. You do not have the poles installed in your backyard, and you want to play volleyball at the beach or in the park. You will find the poles there, and they are made for regulation size volleyball nets. That is why you need to consider this factor. At the same time, some people like to buy a smaller size to satisfy the needs of their children. After all, children cannot play with a regulation size volleyball net, can they?
- Weight – you may wonder what does weight has to do with anything. Well, if you buy a net system that you want to carry around, the weight may be an issue. Weight differs from system to system, and the one thing that makes the difference is the materials used for the manufacture. So, if you want a portable net system, I recommend that you look at one that is made of lightweight materials.
- Ease of assembly – there are products that are very easy to set up. They just pop up, and you are ready to play. At the same time, there are volleyball net systems that require a bit of work. The advantage of those is that they are somewhat more stable. At the end of the day, it is a matter of how much time you want to invest in the installation. My recommendation is to purchase an easy to assemble the system. Unless you are a professional player, it is enough. After all, you buy the system to play and have fun, not to spend an hour with the assembly and disassembly.
- Construction – if you choose a volleyball net system, make sure that the entire structure is sturdy and stable. If you want just a net, ensure that the materials it is made of are suitable for the environment in which you wish to install it. For example, the net designed for your yard poles are made of a different material than the one people use in their pools. The reasons are self-explanatory.
- Additional features – when all the above have been considered, you can think of bonus features. You can find plenty of models that come with all sorts of gimmicks. Some give you the possibility of adjusting the tension of the net, while other come with adjustable poles. In fact, I like the idea of adjusting the height of the net. That way everyone can enjoy the net, adults and children alike.
Apart from the factors mentioned above, some people like to consider other things like brand name and cost. I can see why the budget is important, but keep in mind that brand names are important only when you play at a professional level when the regulations actually matter. If you plan to play in the backyard, let’s just say that brand name is not of great significance.
What are the best volleyball nets?
Many sports equipment manufacturers produce volleyball nets, which is why you may find difficult making the right choice. However, below you will find three excellent suggestions that I hope will be of help. Hopefully, your job will get a bit easier.
NKTM Outdoor Sports Classic Volleyball Net
I feel obliged to tell your from the start that this product does not include the poles, so if you are looking for an entire net system, check the next product. This one is suitable for people who already have the poles installed and need a net. You can also take it with you when you go to the beach and play a game with your friends. The net is very lightweight. It weighs only 2.6 pounds so that you could easily put in your backpack.
The materials used for this net’s manufacture are polyethylene and PVC. That makes it sturdy and durable. However, the polyester netting is reinforced with steel cable, for maximum resistance. As for the size, this net measures 32 feet in length and 3 feet in width. The mesh net is four square inches, and the twine is two mm.
Other features include a three-foot height adjustment for men’s, women’s, and coed play. The NKTM volleyball net is ideal for family games in the backyard, at the beach, and you can use it at parties. The net will come with an equipment bag as well for convenient storage and transportation. Click here to read more reviews and buy on Amazon
Park&Sun Sports Spiker Sport: Portable Outdoor Volleyball Net System
Just as the title suggests, this product is an entire volleyball net system, and you will have a lot of fun with it. You can take it with you wherever you want because it weighs only 15 pounds, and that includes the poles. If you are looking for a net system, this is one of the best you can find in this price range.
The package contains 3-piece high-quality steel poles that measure one and a half inches in diameter. The poles feature an Eye Bolt system that will allow you to adjust the height for men’s, women’s, and coed play. The net is regulation size and measures 32 by 3 feet. The net is made of a nylon blend and features a one and a half inches top tape. It also has side straps so that you can assemble the net as fast as possible. The 3/16 inches double guy line with tension rings allows a rapid adjustment so that the net remains stretched even when your game is a bit rough.
The package also contains a pre-measured boundary that will allow you to define your volleyball court. The boundary can be secured firmly to the ground with corner anchors. You will also receive a Soft Touch volleyball that will be gentle on your arms and wrists. All the equipment above fits in a heavy-duty polyester bag that is included in the price. The carrying handles will make transportation easy and convenient. Click here to read more reviews and buy on Amazon
Champion Sports Official Olympic Volleyball Net
If you play volleyball at a professional level and are looking for an Olympic-grade volleyball net, then this is the product you are looking for. The net manufactured by Champion Sports is an Olympic-style power net that was designed for professional and tournament play. It may be a little more expensive than the ordinary volleyball net, but it is worth it.
You may be wondering what makes this net so unique. First of all, there is the durable and rip-resistant 3 mm knotless nylon netting. You know how professional volleyball is. The game is rough, so you need something highly resistant. The two and a half inches of white headband at the top and bottom of the net will help with visibility and shape retention during the games. The 38-feet vinyl-coated steel cable at the top and bottom make the net highly stable and provides maximum support. The net will keep its shape with the help of the durable pockets that feature dowels. Bear in mind that this product does not come with poles. It is a net, not a net system.
As far as professional volleyball nets go, you could not ask for more. It has the needed resistance, stability, and durability. You can count on this product for a very long time, which is why it is highly appreciated by the customers that have already bought it. Click here to read more reviews and buy on Amazon
I have to admit that I do not have much experience with volleyball, but I did my homework, and many people prefer buying a net system rather than the net alone. You purchase a net only when you play at a professional level, or you have a beach house and go down for a game once in a while. That happens in areas where volleyball poles already exist. That is why I recommend the Park&Sun Sports Spiker Sport: Portable Outdoor Volleyball Net System. You have everything you need in one package, and you know that you get high-quality products. Also, I think this system features one of the best volleyball nets you can ask for.
It is not a bad idea to invest in a volleyball net or net system. You get some exercise while having fun with your family and friends. All you have to do is make up your mind regarding one of the products above, and you are all set, game, and match (pun intended). Click here to buy on Amazon
- Volleyball Accessories – Overview
- What Everybody Else Does When It Comes to Volleyball Online Shopping and What You Need to Be Doing Different
- The Importance of Volleyball Ball Price
- How to Choose Water Volleyball Set
- The Run Down on Portable Volleyball Net System Exposed
- Whatever They Told You About Professional Volleyball Net Is Dead Wrong…And Here’s Why
- Choosing Best Outdoor Volleyball Net Is Simple
- Life After Volleyball Supplies
- New Ideas Into Outdoor Volleyball Net Systems Never Before Revealed
- Characteristics of Volleyball Posts
- Whispered Grass Volleyball Net Secrets
- The Importance of Indoor Volleyball Net
- Un-Answered Questions Into Buy Volleyball Net Disclosed
- Top Volleyball Net Systems Reviews!
- The Key to Successful Regulation Volleyball Net
- Cheap Volleyball Nets Tips & Guide
- Where to Find Beach Volleyball Set
- Reported Hype on Park and Sun Volleyball Net Uncovered
- The Advantages of Volleyball Net Price
- One of the Most Overlooked Options for Volleyball Ball
- The Volleyball Net for Pool Chronicles
- The Good, the Bad and Volleyball Poles
- Beach Volleyball Net – Is it a Scam?
- Backyard Volleyball Net Fundamentals Explained
- Choosing Good Volleyball Net Set
- Unbiased Report Exposes the Unanswered Questions on Pool Volleyball
- The Battle Over Volleyball Net for Sale and How to Win It
- Top Choices of Volleyball Gear
- Fraud, Deceptions, and Downright Lies About Pool Volleyball Set Exposed
- The Chronicles of Outdoor Volleyball Net
- Outrageous Portable Volleyball Net Tips
- The Bad Secret of Volleyball Equipment
- One of the Most Incredibly Neglected Systems for Pool Volleyball Net
- The Volleyball Set Chronicles
- What Everyone Is Saying About Volleyball Net Is Dead Wrong and Why